Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Every good thing starts with an idea

Hello World! My name is Hilary Fruiht and I am a bit of a wedding junkie. It all started when one of my favorite food blogs (I'm a bit of a food junkie too) Eating/SF posted about her wedding. She mentioned a site called Style Me Pretty and I couldn't help but look. I literally spent four hours sitting on the couch while my boyfriend watched football devouring this website. It is appropriately named, because if you're looking for pretty, you will find it here. The site design is clean and fresh, and the images are so SO beautiful. I got to thinking that I might be able to create something that I could put my own spin on as a creative outlet for me.

I am a 27 year old commercial printing salesperson. I grew up a yearbook geek and studied graphic communication at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Somewhere deep down there is a graphic designer, but lately that part of me has been squashed by my need to make money. I would love to get back to my love of beautiful color, aesthetic and design through this outlet. I am not yet engaged, but I am very in love with my boyfriend of almost 5 years, and I'm hoping to have the chance to plan my own wedding in the not so distant future.

I hope to post on this site images from weddings and events I have found, concentrating on Northern California and the surrounding areas, as well as creative ideas for event planning. There is so much eye candy out there, and I'd like to make this a resource where people can find everything from great invitation ideas to floral designs to DIY projects. I would love to hear from anyone that is interested as I begin this journey, so feel free to email me at lovelyandgracious at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment